No one can change the world alone. This is also true for HEAD Nepal. We wouldn’t have been able to get to where we are today without the help/support of the organizations listed as follows.
The International Partners and Supporters:
- The International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs, (IISE) now Kanthari International, India: Supporting HEAD Nepal in project development, fund raising, capacity building and collaboration for Mobile School 2011.
- Vidya Vrikshah, India: funding for Head Mobile School 2011.
- Braille Without Border Association, Germany: Supported inclusive education project financially.
- Technical Skill Development Center for the Blind and Disabled (TSDCBD), Nepal: supported HEAD with transferring their staff to support the activities of HEAD on voluntary basis.
- August Picture TV Production House, Singapore: Collaborated in filming the activities of Head Mobile School in 2011, supported in fund raising and communication/networking.
- Nepal Gives Foundation, The Netherlands: regular financial supporters for inclusive education program, fund raising, sharing ideas, advising, suggesting on activities implementation, strategic partner of HEAD.
- The ISIS Foundation, Now ADARA Development Nepal: Supported HEAD in disability statistic preparation, conducting disability support activities in 2011, 2014 etc.
- Centre for Community Cultural Development (CCCD), Hong Kong: Collaborated in touch art exhibition, funded HEAD in starting Head Vision Home in 2013.
- The Hungry Fingers, Poland: Collaborated for conducting workshops on innovative resources for education of visually impaired children and tactile graphic training, coordinated for raising fund, volunteer for training delivery etc.
- Kanthari Plus, Poland: Collaborated for filming and preparing a short promotional activities for the organization in 2014. • Bats and Action, Germany: Financially supported HEAD for Mobile School project in 2017.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB) Capital district chapter, Albany, New York: Supported for Head Mobile School in 2015 and supporting the residential educational center for children with disabilities.
- Stichting Doel voor Ogen, The Netherlands: Financially supported HEAD in upgrading the home facilities for children with disabilities and procuring Braille embosser.
- UNICA Foundation, the Netherlands: Collaborated with the other partners of HEAD and financially supported for solar backup system installation in residential educational center for children with disabilities in Simkot.
- Wild Geese Foundation (WGF), the Netherlands: Financial and strategic partner of HEAD Nepal, supported financially for Mobile School, solar backup system, Health care center, constructing new resource center building, staff capacity building etc.
- Mission East, Denmark/Nepal: Strategic and technical partner of HEAD Nepal, supported HEAD in institutional development, strategic development, staff capacity building, policy development, fund raising, grant writing and proposal development, and technically supported project implementation since 2017 for nutrition improvement project, A brighter future project etc.
- AEC Foundation: financially supported ‘Children and Hunger” project in 2017 for two years.
- Danish Radio, Denmark: Financially supported the “Children and Hunger” project for nutrition improvement for children with disabilities and other marginalized children in 2017 for two years together with Mission East.
- Danish Mission Council Development Department (DMCDD), Denmark Government: Partnering with Mission East, financially supported for “A Brighter Future” project for disability rights, awareness and enabling PWDs to enable them to access their rights since 2019 to 2022.
- GIZ and ICIMOD Nepal: Collaborated for implementation of Cross Border Trade and Tourism Faire in 2018 together with the Office of Namkha Rural Municipality.
- MedSolution Foundation, Switzerland: Financially supported children with disabilities for health rehabilitation and operation as well as to construct the ground floor of new HEAD resource center building.
- Melton Arora Rotary Club and the Wreake Valley Rotary Club, U.K.: Represented by Kathryn Gregory, the clubs supported the children with disabilities in obtaining laptop computers for training and other supporting materials for the children.
The Local/National Government Partners/Supporters:
- The Women and Children Office, Humla, Nepal: Direct line agencies at district level before 2017 restructure, funding for the project “Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) project, monitoring and supervision of the activities.
- The District Education Office now District Education Coordination Unit, Humla, Nepal: First time partnered for starting a resource class for blind students in Humla, funding support from government budget, coordination, supervision etc.
- Small and Cottage Industry Development Office, Humla, Nepal: Collaborated in implementing income generating activities for people with disabilities and other marginalized communities since 2014.
- Social Development Office, Humla, Nepal: Collaborated and funded for disabilities support activities and assistive devices in 2020.
- District Development Committee (DDC) now District Coordination Committee (DCC) Humla, Nepal: Funded for livelihood project, ICT training for the children and collaborated for project development including monitoring and supervision.
- Provincial Government and planning commission, Karnali Province: Financially supported for HEAD Resource Center Building in Simkot in 2020.
- Parliamentary Development Fund Humla, Federal Government: Financially supported for HEAD Resource Center Building in Simkot in 2020.
- Office of Simkot Rural Municipality, Humla, Nepal: Partnering in disability identification and card distribution, collaborated and funded for implementing residential educational center for children with visual impairment and physical disabled, COVID-19 response activities etc.
- Office of Namkha Rural Municipality, Humla, Nepal: Coordinated for COVID-19 response activities, disability identification and registration, partnered for implementing Cross Border Trade and Tourism Faire 2018 together with GIZ and ICIMOD.
- Office of Kharpunath Rural Municipality, Humla, Nepal: coordination for COVID-19 response activities, Mobile School implementation, etc.
- Office of Sarkegad Rural Municipality, Humla, Nepal: Collaborated for implementation of A brighter Future, mobile School projects, disability identification and registration, COVID-19 response activities.
- Office of Chankheli Rural Municipality, Humla, Nepal: Collaboration for implementing two years project on nutrition improvement, coordination on disability identification and registration.
- Office of Adanchuli Rural Municipality, Humla Nepal: Collaboration for conducting Mobile School, disability identification and registration, CSOs alliance building, COVID-19 response activities etc.
- Office of Tajakot Rural Municipality, Humla Nepal: Collaboration for conducting Mobile School, disability identification and registration, CSOs alliance building, COVID-19 response activities etc.
- Balmandir Secondary School, Simkot, Humla: Collaborated for resource class conduction for students with visual impairment for inclusive education since 2012.
- Kalashilta Primary School, Simkot, Humla: Collaborated for resource class conduction for students with physical disabilities for inclusive education since 2016.
- National Federation of the Disabled (NFDN) Nepal and provincial Chapter, Karnali: Strategic partner including a affiliated member of NFDN collaborating for disability rights advocacy and capacity building of Organizations of people with disabilities.
- Special Education and Resource Center (SERC) Kathmanndu, Nepal: Collaborating for specialized education, sharing resources on disability management, physiotherapy and occupational therapy, staff capacity building etc.
- Women Welfare Service (WWS) Humla: Collaborating for statistical report of women with disabilities, coordinated for technical support in disability empowerment, joint interventions for COVID-19 response and sharing office spaces and resources in Sarkegad RM for project implementation technically supported by Mission East Nepal.
- Karnali Integrated Rural Development and Research Center (KIRDARC), Humla, Nepal: Coordinated for COVID-19 response in Humla and sharing office space and resources in Sarkegad RM for the projects implementation technically supported by Mission East.
- Sahara Samuha, Humla: Coordinating for disability advocacy and inclusive education in Humla district.
We won’t forget all of organizations valuable support and kind cooperation. If you also would like to be a part of this life changing mission in any way and make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities, please contact us