Date: 28th January, 2021
Vacancy Announcement for Specialized Teacher
The Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal) is a non-profit making, non-political, and local non-governmental organization working for the empowerment and overall development of people with disabilities in the Himalayan region of Nepal. It is the only one leading and pioneering organization in the field of persons with disability in Humla district. In partnership with different agencies and organizations, HEAD Nepal has been implementing two residential educational centers namely “Head Vision Home and Head Enable Home” for children with visual impairment and physical disabilities respectively in Simkot Rural Municipality of Humla district. In this regard, HEAD Nepal is seeking innovative, self-motivated and dynamic personnel for the following vacant position.
|Positions/Location||No||Remuneration/Benefits||Key Tasks and Responsibilities||Required Qualification and experience|
|Specialized Teacher (Braille, Computer skill, English) for 1 year
Based in Simkot, Humla.
|1||· Negotiable based on candidate’s qualification and experience (monthly gross salary will be between 20,000-25,000 including food and living cost)||· To teach the students with totally blind and severely low-vision with Nepali and English Braille script.
· Designing/preparing basic to intermediate level Computer course for student with visual impairment.
· To train the students with visual impairment from different grade with basic and intermediate computer skills through regular classes with the help of screen readers.
· To take a regular classis of English Language for the students with visual and physical impairment.
· To support/help the students with their homework’s and study in regular school.
· Support any other activities as assigned by the Home manager and Project Officer.
|· Intermediate/10+2 in any discipline with 2 years relevant work experience and passion to work with children with disabilities.
· Candidates having ample experience and skills on Braille reading/writing, computer skills with screen reader, good English and also disability issues.
· Good English and Nepali writing and speaking skills will be preferred.
· Other exceptional candidates with compatible relevant experience will also be considered.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter, CV including relevant documents, at least 2 references and citizenship certificate by 5:00 pm 7th February 2021 (25 Magh, 2077). Applications can also be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or physically submitted to the office address below during working days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
- Head Nepal promotes workforce diversity and positive discrimination for the gender equity and social inclusion. Hence, applications from women, people with disabilities especially visually impaired and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
(For more information about the organization and vacancy visit at www.headnepal.org)